Sunday, September 11, 2011

C4T Post

teacher


C4T #1
Caren Carrillo posted "motivating for testing" to her blog in April. She wrote about visiting Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools in Los Angeles. While she was visiting there, she came across a dedication wall in one of the classrooms. The students put the names of parents and guardians on the wall, so they could be motivated to work hard. The children are reminded by the wall of the people which they make proud. I asked Mrs. Carrillo if she has incorporated anything like this into her classroom. Mrs. Carrillo responded and said that she used candy even in high school. She also lets her students choose which way they want to do an assignment. I really enjoyed reading this post and have incorporated this into some of my assignments this semester.
It is important to have a positive vibe in classrooms. I have, even in college responded well to a classroom and teacher who was welcoming. The vibe of the classroom is not the only important thinf though, it is so important to keep family are apart of it as well. Children need to be reminded of love ones even though they can not be with them every physical step of the way. I look forward to one day using incentives to help motivate my students.

C4T #2
This past week Caren Carrillo posted "Avoiding Teacher Burnout" to her blog. I absolutely loved this post. The post was a list a ways to avoid a teacher burnout. The post is extremely helpful, I can imagine it would work well in helping you avoid getting tired of your job. I know we are all in love with the idea of getting our own classroom and our own students, but the reality is that it is going to be hard. You think you will love every child and that they are all going to be heaven sent, when in reality we are going to deal with bully's that we cant control. As teachers our stomaches are going to hurt when we see a child get mistreated or neglected at home. There are going to be times as teachers that we come across parents that it is going to be hard to hold our tongues. All of these things along with the stress of school work and our personal life it is going to seem like to much to bare. I appreciate the post from Mrs. Carrillo and know I will reference it often. This post even got me thinking in a personal way too, Teaching is much like a relationship. As I have said, I am currently planning my wedding, it is completely overwhelming! when we first got engaged we were giddy with excitement. As we move closer to the wedding and as more people hurt my feelings and my sisters argue over bridal luncheons and showers and the decisions, oh the decisions, the stress has become unreal! We have to sit back and look at the reasons we are putting ourselves through this,because we are in love!! As a teacher, I think there are times that we will say "why did I get myself into this" and we will sit back and have to say I am doing this because I wanted to be a teacher and because I love children!

No comments:

Post a Comment