Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Post # 14

Sounds Familiar

Box of Tricks is the blog of Jose Picardo, it is a great resource for current teachers and aspiring teachers. I really enjoyed looking over Jose's blog and learned a lot of different things. I know I will continue to visit his blog, because I appreciate his organization and ability to share useful advice for educators.

Top ten tips for using technology in the classroom is a video by Jose Picardo that enlightens you to a variety of things to help integrate technology into your classroom. When watching the video I was pleasantly surprised and proud that I was familiar with most of his tips. From podcast to interactive whiteboards I feel like I have learned a lot about each of his tips in EDM310. The only tip that I was least aware of was music, however I think that music is an excellent way to teach. I like Jose's tip and can really see myself using it in the future. I am going to teach at an elementary level and see one day doing something along the lines of writing a song with my class and then using a program like Audacity to record it so the children can play it for themselves and learn from it. While Jose talks about teenagers in the video, I think music can be just as effective with young children. Songs like the "The alphabet song" and "1, 2, 3 count with me" have been around for years and have been very successful. I think that allowing the students to use technology and their imagination is a great way to boost learning. I think things that get the children interacted tends to help them learn, and I believe technology is a great way to build interactions with the children.

treasure box


Jose points out many different things that I know I will soon be using. I will be adding Jose blog to my PLN just in case I forget any of these excellent tips. I think that his tips are something to treasure and store for the future. I know that each of these things are not something that can all be used on a daily basis, but I would like to have a part of technology incorporated daily into my class in one way or another. I love the idea of using each of Jose's tips in my classroom one day. While watching the video I couldn't help but to think of different ways to use each of the tips in my classroom and how to connect each of the tips to a child's level. After the video it dawned on me that it was a lot like Dr. Strange, he gives us all of these different resources to interact with and through each of them we learn. Overall I think that Jose gives a lot of good tips to help many different teachers at all different levels. I think this video is a great resource for the people who have not had the opportunity to take a course like EDM310.

1 comment: