Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog Post #11

Mrs. Cassidy's Class


kids computer



Mrs. Cassidy is a first grade teacher who teaches in Canada. Technology is a big part of Mrs. Cassidy's classroom. Little Kids, Big Potential is a video that explores all the different ways she incorporates technology into her classroom. Mrs. Cassidy uses blogs, videos and many other things to stay ahead with her class. I admire Mrs. Cassidy for the time that she puts into staying up to date with technology. In Mrs. Cassidy's Skype interview with Dr. Strange , she talks about how she spends most of her evenings on the computer, but with the snow in Canada I'm sure I'd spend a lot of time cozy on the couch with my laptop too:) The neatest thing about Mrs. Cassidy class is how blogging allows her students to interact with other students and even family members all around the world. I think that children are extrinsic, and by blogging they receive a lot of outside praise. I would like to incorporate blogging into my classroom one day. I would like to use blogging because it is something students, parents, grandparents and myself can access from any computer. I like that the students are able to share their work with others. I like that in the interview Mrs. Cassidy talks about how you have to continue learning as a teacher, and she goes on to talk about using and doing what fits what you are teaching. Mrs. Cassidy encourages me to one day be a teacher that incorporates different things into my classroom. I took many helpful things from her interview with Dr. Strange. I will also teach ways to protect the children and their names. Teaching Technology is a huge responsibility in for many different reasons. It is important to teach technology because it is the future and will ensure success in students and make them diverse in their ways of learning. I also think that another important thing when teaching technology is safety, it is important to ensure students are protected from things on the internet and also from unsafe individuals on the internet. I hope to one day be a very strong teacher and learn successful ways like Mrs. Cassidy to teach technology.

2 comments:

  1. Katelyn!
    I really enjoyed watching Mrs. Cassidy's youtube video too! What really stood out to me the most was that they were only in the 1st grade. The video really shows you that kids are never to young to learn how to use technology. I am so glad that we are learning all about technology in the classroom in edm310. I cannot wait until we are teachers together and maybe we can have our classrooms comment on our students blogs!
    Thank you,
    Jessica Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love if if you were the next Ms. Cassidy!

    ReplyDelete