Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog Post # 12

Teach Me Something

For this assignment I wanted to do something different than our average assignment that we do on a weekly bases. I was thinking it would be neat to find some kind of poll that we could give to a student in our family or a friend's child who is 5k-12 and see what the results might be. In my search for a technology literacy test I came across a website called Science Kids, it is a website with games, activities, lesson plans and much more. One thing that caught my attention is the quizzes. I saw the technology quiz and knew actually what I wanted to do as my assignment.

sciencekids



I would present the following: Go to the technology quiz take the quiz yourself and post your results, and talk about the things you knew on the quiz and also the things that caught you by surprise. The answers are the bottom of the page (so no peeking) once you complete it check your answers. There are 20 questions so they are worth 5 points each. Once you have completed the quiz explore the website and blog about how you can use this website in the future as a educator.


My Stab At The Assignment:

I made an 80% on the quiz on technology, some of the questions obviously took me by surprise but the question that took me by surprise the most was which car company that humanoid robot ASIMO? I was very confident about the questions to do with Apple products, because I love my Apple products!
The website looks like it is a really neat website for all ages and is appropriate for students and helpful for parents and teachers. It has lesson plans for science but more importantly on technology including things like website making and movie making. The website also has videos for technology and also a section on fun facts about technology. I think that this website is a really useful resource for teaching technology to students.

2 comments:

  1. "...on a weekly bases.." bases should be basis

    "...but the question that took me by surprise the most was which car company that humanoid robot ASIMO?" This doesn't make sense as written. What did you intend to say?

    I got 80% also. My argument: why are these facts important? Why do we need to know them? Isn't being able to look them up (and I guess we should add willing to) enough?

    I think this is the primary problem with American education today: the belief that such quizzes are worth something! Burp back should be BANNED (in my opinion)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog post and such a good idea. I think this would be a good assignment for future edm 310 students.

    ReplyDelete