Monday, October 31, 2011

C4T Post #3

C4T

Both of my comments for teachers was on the blog Connected Principals,

Comment #1:
Teacher Megaphone



my first comment was on blog post Teachers As Advocates by George Couros. The post was written to address teacher's and how they need to put out there what is working for them, their students and classrooms. I commented and said the following "Mr. Couros,
I am a Student at the University of South Alabama, I am taking EDM310. I completely agree with you! It is important to get it out there what is working and the different changes in classrooms! I have read so many different things about education, teachers and schools! I have found all of it useful, just like this and know that others do also!
Thanks, Katelyn"

I do believe that Mr. Couros is correct about teachers needing to publish advice and practices that they have. I know through out this class writings from educators has been so helpful!

Comment #2:

My second comment was a post by Shawn Blankenship called How Do You Learn?. Mr. Blankenship's post talked about how you need to put yourself into different learning conditions and strengthen your ways of learning.

I said the following "Hi, I am a student at the University of South Alabama and I am taking a class called EDM310. This class has put me in conditions for new learning. I know that classes are suppose to broaden my learning, but this class is not only teaching me new content but also a new way of learning. It has been unlike any other class I have taken. I am using blogging as a essential way of learning, Twitter to connect to respected educators and gmail for so much more than email! I love your approach on learning and I like how you are not only concerned with the students at your school learning but also your educators. I think that one should never stop learning! Thank you for such an enlightening post!
Katelyn" I was happy to receive this comment back from Mr. Blankenship "Thank you Katelyn for your response. It is refreshing to read such a comment. Continue to rethink the way you learn throughout your life. Blogging and Twitter are currently outstanding tools, but who knows what the future will bring. Good luck in college and may your choice in career bring much happiness.

“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin"

I enjoyed both of these post and they challenged me to think about different things!

3 comments:

  1. Katelyn:
    Hi, My name is Jeni and I am in the M/W class for EDM. I love that you got feedback from the teacher in your second comment, to me that shows that you did a good job commenting. I just have one suggestion for you and that is to make sure you proofread your post before you publish as you forgot to capitalize the "m" in my at the beginning of your first paragraph. Again, great job. A quick question though, and that is I thought we were supposed to do two posts from the same teacher for the C4T summaries. Is there a reason that you have two different ones on the same post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to get a response to your own comment, isn't it?
    The idea of teachers sharing advice from their own experiences seems extremely helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenifer, if you notice "my" is not the first word of the sentence,the way the picture is sitting messed with the sentence structure. Jacey, it was really nice to get a response, I was super excited about it. Funny the things that can excite you about this class, guess it just shows how different it is from other classes!

    ReplyDelete